What is Spoof Text?

Spoof Text

Definition and Social Function of Spoof
Spoof is a text which tells factual story, happened in the past time with unpredictable and funny ending. Its social function is to entertain and share the story.

Generic Structure of Spoof
1. Orientation
2. Events
3. Twist

Language Feature of Spoof
1. Focusing on people, animals or certain things
2. Using action verb; ate, ran, etc
3. Using adverb of time and place
4. Told in chronological order

taken from: understandingtext.blogspot.com

Monday 26 January 2009

Private Conversation

Last week I went to the theatre. I had a very good seat. The play was very interesting.I did not enjoy it. A young man and a young woman were sitting behind me. They were talking very loudly.I got very angry. I could not hear the actors. I turned around. I looked at the man and the young woman angrily. They did not pay any attention.In the end, I could not bear it. I turned around again. “I could not hear a word” I said angrily.“It’s none of your business” the young man said rudely. “This is a private conversation”
(From: English New Concept)

Generic Structure Analysis
Orientation
: introducing a writes as point of view “I” which is in a theatre last week
Event 1: the other theatregoers, young man and young woman, were talking noisily.
Event 2: the writer used physical language by turning around to the young man and young woman talk to not to make noisy.
Event 3: the write used verbal language by saying “I could not hear a word”.
Twister: the young man misunderstood the writer’s word and said; “It’s none of your business. It’s a private conversation”.

taken from: understandingtext.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. baguuuuussssss.......jadii ngebantuu tugass kuliahku,,... thanks yahh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great skills in english, the information here proves that, thanks so much for the share!@bose
    Employment Confirmation Letter Template

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can also try

    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spoof-text/id510007149

    ReplyDelete
  4. “This is a private conversation”
    Very nice topic i also faced so many time such a problem but i keep quit.
    Paras Tierea

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s never too late to develop your data and your contents really excite me a lot. spoofsource.com

    ReplyDelete